Do you wish you had a more attractive smile? Well, what do you know about cosmetic dentistry? Cosmetic dentist refers to procedures designed to address the esthetics of your teeth. From teeth stains to misshapen teeth, we can use these procedures to improve the beauty of your smile.
Try Our Cosmetic Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: Professional teeth whitening can remove discoloration.
- True or False: We can repair teeth in one visit.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can completely change a tooth’s appearance.
- True or False: We can repair surface issues with contouring.
- True. We actually provide two different treatments. The office-based option involves coating the teeth with a peroxide-based bleaching solution and activating the solution with a curing light, removing surface stains in about an hour. The at-home option involves a set of whitening trays and bleaching gel. Patients place the gel in the trays and wear the trays for a set amount of time each day, optimal results taking between a week and ten days.
- True. Dental bonding involves placing a composite resin in several layers. The doctor then cures the material with a light as the tooth is sculpted and molded. In one visit the dentist can repair chips and mask teeth stains.
- True. Veneers are actually very thin shells of porcelain the doctor places on the front of the teeth. The veneers reshape the teeth, mask stains, close gaps, and even correct the appearance of minor alignment issues. Placement takes about two visits and can completely change how your smile looks.
- True. Like bonding, contouring can be completed in a single visit. The doctor gently buffs away a small portion of the surface, removing pits, grooves, or overly sharpened points on the teeth. If you have any questions about cosmetic dentistry then contact our office today.