People are often asking: “How do I brighten my teeth?” A smile free of discoloration can boost confidence and help a person make a great first impression. However, our teeth can become stained over time. Fortunately, with cosmetic dentistry we can erase discoloration and improve the overall appearance of your teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: You can receive professional results in about an hour.
- True or False: We offer an at-home option.
- True or False: For permanent stains, porcelain veneers can help.
- True or False: Preventive dentistry can help you keep your smile stain free.
- True. For patients with hectic schedules, we can whiten teeth in as little as an hour. The procedure involves placing a bleaching solution onto the teeth. We then activate the bleaching ingredients with a curing light.
- True. The home-based option involves the creation of a set of custom-made trays. We then prescribe a bleaching gel. The patient will fill the trays with gel and wear them each day for a set amount of time. Optimal results will be reached in about one to two weeks.
- True. Most stains form on the surface, caused by smoking, drinks, and certain foods. These are easily removed with whitening. However, permanent stains may form below the surface, as a result of trauma or the use of antibiotics such as tetracycline. Since these types of stains often don’t respond traditional whitening, we can mask them with veneers. We simply place thin shells of porcelain over the front of the teeth.
- True. To keep your smile bright, we recommend practicing good oral hygiene. This includes brushing and flossing daily, as well as having your teeth cleaned regularly.
ABOUT YOUR ROWLETT FAMILY DENTIST
At Rodem Tree Dental, you and your family cane expect to receive the latest in quality dental care. Dr. Ellen Nam and our team want to help you improve the health and beauty of your smile. To schedule an appointment, call our office at 972-475-2321. We proudly service patients in Rowlett, Rockwall, Garland, Wylie, and Sachse.