When you’re feeling upbeat because you are planning on receiving dental implants to replace missing teeth, you may find that your light-as-a-balloon optimism suddenly takes a quick nosedive. How could this happen? Well, if you realize you know next to nothing about caring for your implants, you may begin wondering it’s going to be quite complicated. To help you avoid this blunder, we would first like to explain: Maintenance is easy! Now, for the details, we offer a friendly quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you choose dental implants for your smile, you will need to brush your teeth four times a day to maintain your oral health.
- True or False: You no longer need to floss your teeth if you have dental implants. They’re not real tissue, so they don’t need much cleaning.
- True or False: If you become lax with your cleaning habits, your implants may develop cavities.
- False. Your brushing habits don’t need to change just because you have dental implants. Think of them as your real teeth: Brush your smile twice daily as you always have for effective care.
- False. You still need to floss once a day, whether it’s around natural teeth or implants. Removing food particles and bacteria is essential in protecting remaining teeth and your gum tissue.
- False. Dental implants will not develop decay. They may fail, however, if the gum tissue or other supportive tissues in which they reside become unhealthy.