Have you been worried about your inflamed gums lately and you’re pretty sure you need a deep cleaning? Or, perhaps this is a term you have only casually overheard and you’re not really certain what it’s all about. To help you feel more educated on this topic (and to ensure you feel motivated to see us for scaling and root planing when you require it), we offer a helpful quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: A deep cleaning is just like a traditional cleaning but it takes more time. You can think of it as a luxury for when you really want a relaxing, extended stay in the dental chair.
- True or False: If your gums bleed, hurt, look red, purple, inflamed, or any other change occurs, you should contact us right away.
- True or False: Once you receive a deep cleaning, periodontal problems can never affect you again.
- False. This was probably an easy one. As much as you love coming in to see us, we’re guessing an extra-long cleaning has never been on your wish list! A deep cleaning is not identical to a traditional one. It’s one in which we remove plaque and tartar from deep beneath your gumline because you are exhibiting gum disease.
- True. You may require the advanced cleaning we have been discussing if you notice these symptoms because they are generally indicators of gum disease. Don’t delay. It is best to receive a diagnosis right away to avoid complications.
- False. This is an essential part of periodontal treatment. However, you can experience gum disease more than once in your life (or it may become chronic if it progresses too far without treatment).
Save Your Gum Health With A Deep Cleaning
Find out all you need to know about deep cleanings during your next checkup at our practice. To contact us and set up a visit in Rowlett, TX, schedule an appointment with Rodem Tree Dental today at 972-475-2321. We proudly welcome patients from Rowlett, Rockwall, Garland, Wylie, Sachse, and all surrounding communities.