Bruxism is a disorder that we typically describe as habitual teeth grinding or teeth clenching. You may suffer from this problem for a long time without realizing it because the problem is considered unconscious. As you may assume, this can mean that you brux in your sleep. Or, you may do it during the day without even knowing it. The bad news? Bruxism can result in severe side effects when left untreated. The wonderful news? We offer bruxism treatment to protect you from potential side effects. Wondering if you already know all there is to know about treatment? Find out more by taking the following quiz:
- True or False: Bruxism treatment may protect your jaw joints from problems like TMJ disorder.
- True or False: Many patients only find out they have bruxism and require treatment when a friend or loved one overhears them grinding their teeth.
- True or False: If you suffer from common symptoms of bruxism, you should contact us right away to find out if treatment may be right for you.
Dental Quiz Answer Key
- True. Daily clenching or grinding places a lot of stress on your jaw joints, also called your TMJs or temporomandibular joints. After all, think about the incredible strength of your jaws. If you grind and clench them on a daily basis, your TMJs are absorbing that pressure, which may result in tension and exhaustion. We can protect your jaw joints by addressing the bruxism.
- True. Many patients are completely unaware of the problem even though they may be suffering from daily discomfort. If someone asks you why you’re grinding your teeth and your response is, “I wasn’t” or something similar, it is certainly time to visit us for bruxism treatment.
- True. The sooner we provide you with treatment, the better chance we have of protecting your teeth and surrounding structures from long-term damage. For instance, preventing you from grinding and clenching may protect your teeth from fractures, breakage, and heightened sensitivity commonly caused by erosion.
ABOUT YOUR ROWLETT, TX FAMILY DENTIST:
At Rodem Tree Dental, you and your family can expect to receive the latest in quality dental care. Dr. Ellen Nam and our team want to help you improve the health and beauty of your smile. To schedule an appointment, call our office at 972-475-2321. We proudly service patients in Rowlett, Rockwall, Garland, Wylie, and Sachse.